About the Conference
The Conference "Language Issues in English-medium Universities: A Global Concern" (to be held in the Rayson Huang Theatre) will provide a forum to discuss and debate language issues in English-medium universities internationally. The participation of tertiary teachers, researchers, applied linguists and ELT professionals from all regions and contexts is welcome.
The Conference is co-hosted by the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Education in collaboration with the English Centre, The University of Hong Kong, and funded as part of the University's Strategic Research Theme on "Languages, Media and Communication: Language in Education and Assessment".
- national and institutional medium of instruction policies
- the dynamics of English and other local, foreign and minority languages in higher education
- integrating language and content in higher education contexts
- the use of English across disciplines
- evaluation and assessment issues
- the interaction of the formal and informal curriculum
- the attitudes, experiences and practices of students and staff
- language identity and its impact on learning
- language issues in English-medium universities in specific contexts and disciplines